Monday, April 13, 2015

Had quite an eventful evening. I ended up at a place called Montana's in San Dimas. Was just sitting there by myself, watching everyone dance, and was just about to get up a leave when a beautiful woman came up and asked me if I was alone and if so would I be interested in joining her table where she had other friends. Well, I accepted and walked over and was introduced and we began talking. Now, I have done everything a cowboy can do but one thing, dance. I was asked if I dance and I replied, "no." I tried to use every excuse I could think of as to why I can't but it did not detour this woman from getting me on the dance floor. I felt like an elephant trying to step across a sea of eggs. However, I kind of caught on and really did enjoy myself. It felt so good to get out and do something different. After some conversation I learned that she was a cancer survivor some fifteen years ago so there was a common thread. She is also a horse trainer, another common thread. She is beautiful, funny, and works hard. You never know where life is going to take you. I told her what is going on with me, that I would be laid up for awhile and that I really don't have anything to offer anyone right now, but she disagreed. I like her. She seems like a really good person. Going to go watch the new bull riding movie that is out. You don't find too many women that would want to go watch a movie about bull riding.
Waiting to here from my doctors tomorrow or Tuesday regarding my latest tests. This has been a long weekend not knowing what is going on with me, but it hasn't slowed me down. Still living life large, hard and fast. Don't have time to lay down and rest. I suspect I'll have plenty of time for that in the near future. Going to call UCLA tomorrow and try to get some answers regarding my donor situation. Will be awaiting a call from the oncologist regarding the resurfacing of stomach cancer. That's the main one right now.
Anyway, going to grab some grub, call it a night for I have a long day tomorrow. Looking forward to Tuesday and of course bull riding on Wednesday night. I appreciate all of you that have sent me private messages of faith, love and courage. I appreciate the posts and help along the way. They're all greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment