Saturday, April 11, 2015

Rode hard and put up wet today.

Not sure where to start tonight for a lot has been going on the past few days.  Had some tests done on my stomach to try and find out why I am bleeding.  Twenty-three years ago I beat stomach cancer, so I thought.  My white blood cell count is going through the roof again and it could be a possibility that it is coming back.  I will find out of Monday.  I will also hear from UCLA on what progress is being made on extracting the marrow from the donor.  My breathing at times is so bad I feel as though I am going suffocate.  I spent three days in Chino Valley Hospital and they couldn't find out why I was having breathing problems and chest pains.  My heart is in excellent shape, as are all my interior organs except my spleen, which is greatly enlarged, and now my stomach again.  I swear, I just can't catch a break, but it is what is it is and I will deal with it accordingly.  My body is riddled with pain and seems to be getting worse daily.  I am not posting this so you will feel sorry for me, I am merely keeping those who are interested in my journey in the loop.
I spent twelve hours at my Patty's new home with her mother and my our daughter Brittany.  The first fives hours I weeded the rose garden, made a trip to Walmart with my mother in law to pick up a new patio set, and then spent five hours putting the darn thing together.  She made me a nice chicken dinner and then I limped out to my truck and came home.  Tomorrow I am going back to finish the patio set, do a bit more weeding, and then heading out to the bull pen to help the young cowboys.  Right now I am just laying here watching some old westerns on the cowboy channel and will nod off soon.
I did talk to Patty about what is going on with me because she still cares and we have our daughters in common to think about.  I told her if my stomach cancer has resurfaced and having to deal with leukemia I don't know what I will do.  It's said that God does not give you any more than you can handle and I feel I have handled everything thus far pretty well, but throw this onto the fire and it's a bit more than I care to deal with.  I will just wait until Monday and try not to worry about any of this till then.  I just find it amazing that I took great care of my self for so many years and now everything is going in a 180 degree direction.  Don't know why or what the reason is but I am dying to find out, no pun intended.
May y'all enjoy your weekend and hopefully you're spending time with your families.  Don't take your life or your days for granted.  Don't think it will never happen to you.  Live hard, love often, and take the bull by the horns.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment