Friday, April 24, 2015

Laying here tonight and I can't remember the time my body has hurt this bad.  Having a latigo on the saddle break loose resulting in being thrown off, a shoulder that is just plain raw from shooting many 30/30 rounds, and bone pain from this damn cancer, I am finally breaking down and taking some pain medication and muscle relaxants.  Watching a old Randolph Scott western call Comanche Station.  Sure wish I could have lived in those times.  My mother always told me that I was born 120 years too late and she was right.
Tonight I received a call from UCLA and the final date of my freedom is set for May 17.  That's the day I am to check in for my transplant.  Now that I definitely know, I am planning my next three weeks.  Going to gyo shooting one more time, having a great dinner at Roscoe's with my friends, spending times with my girls, going to meet an old friend at Morongo's for breakfast and some Texas Hold Em, spending time with my new girl, riding some horses, dinner at Pat's Kitchen, bull riding on Wed and Sat nights, and pushing it as hard as I can.
I ran out of chemo drugs a few days ago and called my nurse practitioner to let her know.  She got all bent because I have been out of a few days and should have called earlier because this could kill me.  Hell!  Who are they kidding?  I have dealt with this hideous disease for three years now, what it another few weeks going to do with or without medicine?  Tomorrow I will pick up the prescription and make everyone happy.  I am sorry, I just don't take this that serious.  I mean look at it from this perspective, I was told three years ago that I had six to eight months to live and here I am today living life large and full.  I have three weeks before I go in, which at that time they are going to basically kill me and try to bring me back to life.  I really think I can go another three weeks without any problem.
Going to lay here and watch "Broken Trail",  rest this body and hopefully be ready for some bull riding action tomorrow night followed by some dancing with my girl.
Life is good.  It's what you make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment