Saturday, March 7, 2015

Update regarding trip to UCLA and bull riding tonight.

Laying here in bed at 9 on a Saturday morning finishing my blog from last night.  I must have passed out because this was still on my screen this morning.
Just had one of the best dinners I've had in many a time thanks to a beautiful young lady who made homemade chicken pot pie, mashed potatoes and apple cobbler.  She brought everything over is some tins along with a lovely card that she received during a hospital visit two years ago and decided to pass it on to me.  I am laying here like a fat walrus, unable to even roll over.  I don't know if there will ever really be anyone in my life again, I mean I got so many things working against me right now, I am just not much of a commodity.  Trying to fight and beat cancer, no job, living out of a suitcase, driving an old cowboy truck and going to turn 63 soon.  Not very appealing, but if by chance something happens and some woman would want be with me, I sure hopes she can cook like Michelle and Darlene.
Went to UCLA today for a barrage of tests.  First, an electrocardiogram followed by a pulmonary test that I almost couldn't finish I was breathing so hard and labored.  Then an EKG followed by a Cat Scan of my chest.  Something fouled up during the first scan and so they had to re-inject the dye into my body and shoot it again.  Once we were done, my doctor told the Cat Scan guys to tell me to go to ER and check myself in because of a very small blood clot that my body has been trying to get rid of and that's causing the shortness of breath.  They said the blood clot had gone away but they wanted to monitor me.  Have you been to an ER lately?  I've got things to do other than sit around for 12 hours waiting.  So I got in my rig and drove three hours to get home.  Three hours to go sixty miles!  Should have ridden a horse.
Tonight is bull riding night looking forward to a wonderful evening with great friends.  I just spoke with one of the owners of the bulls and he says the other owner will not let me ride.  Last year I broke my hips riding bulls their and he is either afraid I am going to get hurt or am go to sue him if I do, I think.  I am going with the intent to ride tonight and will take him out back and talk to him.  This is very important to me as a man and a person.  I hope he doesn't take this away from me.  Getting hurt is part of bull riding.  It happens, sometimes worse, but like it's been said, "If you're afraid to die, don't be a bull rider."  I guess I will just have to wait and see.  Not a very happy cowboy right now.  Regardless, there will be plenty of action tonight.
Again, a mighty special thanks to Darlene for coordinating so much.  To all of you, too numerous to mention, for your support, love and prayers.  You're right, I got this.  I got this all day and some.  See y'all later I hope.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment