Sunday, March 8, 2015

What a night!  Woke up this afternoon at 1:15.  Had a great time with friends at Roscoe's and then off to bull riding.  I was extremely upset and disappointed that the owner of the bulls would not let me get on last night.  We haggled back and forth but he wouldn't budge.  He said when I beat this cancer and get healthy then he'll let me ride.  So, my final ride has yet to happen, just being postponed for a bit.  Everyone that came to dinner followed us out to the bull pen and they were able to see bull riding up close and personal.  Took them behind the chutes and they got to take pictures of the bulls and see them up close.  Then is was time to go to work.  We all help out by doing assorted duties like pulling the chute gate open, unlatching the chute gate, pulling ropes, or herding the bulls out of the arena.  Last night I herded bulls and pulled some ropes.  Afterwards, a great friend of mine and my fellow bull riders went out for a bit and talked an laughed.  I was a bit embarrassed because everyone was coming out to watch me ride my last bull and I was not allowed to ride.  I suppose there are reasons for everything.
Today, I am not going to get dressed, take a shower, shave, nothing.  Just going to be lazy, work on my book, do some reading maybe watch a little TV.  My body needs a rest for last night I had the hardest time getting my breath just doing some work in the bull pen.  Tuesday I find out all my test results and am hoping to gain some insight as to when I will be going in for my transplant.  I am looking forward to next Sunday when I can finally meet all the folks that have been so supportive.  My thanks to Darlene, John, Bill, Sandra, Jack, Gary, Lee, Daneen, Tandi, Tom, Justin, Austin, Jorge, Nikki and Autumn for coming last night.  I hope I didn't miss anyone.
Hope y'all enjoying your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment