Saturday, March 21, 2015

Well, after being up for 36 hours with no sleep I finally passed out and slept for 13 hours.  Won't be doing that again any time soon.  Just couldn't sleep that night, had a lot on my mind, and got caught up on computer stuff.....Today, I got off to a late start, but made it out to work with Cody.  He was a big pain in the butt today, broke the lead rope while I was trying to wipe some FlyOff on him, got into the enclosed field and ran around, bucking and snorting.  I enticed him over with an orange, put another lead rope on him and walked him over to his stall.  He got a good rub down, was able to clean his hooves and that about did me in.  There is another horse next to him and I curry combed him, brushed him down good and cleaned his hooves as well.  Then Debi, she owns the horses, and I went to the house next door and talked to the owner of another horse that needs a little work.  Got my hands full but my strength seems to weaken each day.  Now I am lying in bed with a sore throat, hot and runny nose, headache and feeling just plain lousy.  Called my oncologist and told her and she wants me into the clinic on Monday.  She said she would have them call me with a time.  I am looking for a ride into Westwood on Monday if anyone cares to make the drive with me.  Just going to put a movie in a try to feel better.\
I saw the homeless young man I met the other day at Starbucks.  He walked up and said, "Howdy."  I asked him to have a seat and we talked for a bit.  I was trying to upload some photos from my cell phone to my laptop but had no idea what I was doing.  He said, "If you don't mind me taking over your phone and laptop, I think I can do it."  So, I let him and sure enough he had cord with him that hooked my phone up to my laptop and he downloaded the photos.  I am hoping that somehow I can help this young man out, get his life back, and clean him up.  I suppose if the good Lord wishes for that to happen he will.
After working with the horses I went to visit a friend and had the opportunity and pleasure of meeting her for the first time as well as her husband and son.  Very nice folks.  She has been a follower of my journey and has had a little surgery of her own just recently.  It's always nice to put a face with a name and today I did just that.
I really feel bad right now and am going to make this short.  Thank y'all for reading, for caring, and for being with me as I go through this battle and especially the war that is about to erupt in a few weeks, meaning the bone marrow transplant.
Goodnight and may God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit my friend. I am glad you opted to rest. I wish I was better to get you to UCLA. I would take you! Prayers are going up now that you will feel better in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bo. I am sicker than a dog. I don't think I'll be going anywhere. Hope you're feeling better though. So nice to meet you. Goodnight.

    ReplyDelete