Thursday, February 5, 2015

Oncologist apt regarding Bone Marrow Transplant

Going to UCLA today to start the process of obtaining a bone marrow transplant. After spending three months in Minnesota and having the University of Minnesota's top oncologist/bone marrow transplant doctor tell me that no chemo will kill my type of cancer and a transplant is my only life saving option, my doctor had better be ready for this cowboy today. I saw this doctor last year and the recommendation of the bone marrow transplant team was to try another chemo drug. That is when I went to Minnesota. My guns are loaded today and I am not going to accept any resolution other than a transplant. In six weeks while I was in Minnesota, I was seen by a general practitioner, oncologist, University of Minnesota oncology doctors, approved for a transplant and they found a donor. Six weeks! It has taken me two and half years in California just to get the process started at UCLA. Doctors told me two and half years ago that I had six months to live. I guess they just don't know cowboys. I would have stayed in Minnesota but didn't have the means to support myself, my daughters needed me down here and I didn't have any adult(s) to help me out once I got out of the hospital.
Lost a good friend three days ago while serving our country. Really sat me back emotionally and had a real bad night. I was overly opinionated regarding the death of the Jordanian pilot and unleashed a verbal rant which was uncalled for. John Wayne said apologizing was a sign of weakness. Well, I must be weak for I apologize if I offended anyone. With the death of a friend and the news of this poor unfortunate pilot, coupled with other opinions, I imploded.
On the bright side, going to the Heaven's Ranch Barn Dance Friday night, bull riding Saturday night, and invited to a dinner on Sunday night. Sounds like a great weekend.
Thank y'all for your help, thoughts and prayers. They are appreciated beyond words.
Good day~




Unlike ·  · 12837

No comments:

Post a Comment