Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cowboy Update:

My, what a rough day!  They strained my blood last night and reduced my white blood cell count from over 100,000 down to 48,000.  After they completed that I was started on intravenous chemo.  They gave me medicine for nausea which in turn has given me the worst headache I have ever had.  It woke me up about 5 this morning and stayed with me until about 4:30 this afternoon when my doctor increased my pain medication and that seemed to do the trick.  I am still very nauseous and just can't get myself to order any food today.  I will try to order some crackers and soup in a bit and hopefully hold that down.  My oncologist poked her head in today but I in so much pain we didn't really get to have a discussion.
Obviously, y'all noticed that I am not on Chino Hills Connections any more.  It is all good and thanks to the help of Denise Bar at CHC for setting up the blog page, and my dear friend Darlene Faber who set up the new group page.
Well, got to go, my nurse said it's bath time, this should be interesting.  Nothing like a hot bath, shave and a cup of mud to make a cowboy feel good again.  Catch y'all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment