Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Cowboy Update:  They wheeled me down to the radiology department to have another bone biopsy done only to find out that they didn't have all the blood results they needed in order to start.  They also did have a anesthesiologist to knock my silly butt out because I told them that they could drill on my all they wanted, but not while i was awake.  This will be my fifth biopsy and the last time they tried, it took two doctors, one hour and fifteen minutes of drilling, and they still didn't get through my bone.  After that, no more being awake while they do it.
So, I am back in my bed and am awaiting to be transported to UCLA.  Everything is approved and it is just a matter of having a free bed.  I have just acquired a new roommate and he did not have good things to say about UCLA because it is a learning hospital and it is all young doctors doing the work.  Needless to say, this has just increased my anxiety level above and beyond.  I have not spoken with my doctor at UCLA and am not sure why they are admitting me there when I can rest here, unless, they are going to start lining up the transplant procedure, but that will take time.  I have asked the doctors here at Pomona what is going on but none of the them know either.  I know they have to try and get my white blood cell count down because it is starting to rise again and I am already in very dangerous water.  I am not afraid but I have some questions that I can't get answered.  UCLA is a ways down the rode.  I know no one out there and it is far from Chino Hills where I feel comfortable.  Faith is believing in something that you can't see.  None of us have seen God while here on this earth, but we know he exists because we have faith.  Giving your all to someone you can't see but know that he is there.  I have faith that the Lord will guide me and I know he is in the chute with me, getting to ride one more bull, together.
May the sun shine on your face and the wind be at your back.  Much love to y'all from your cowboy! Time to ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment