Friday, February 6, 2015

White Blood Cell Count & UCLA

Cowboy update. My oncologist at UCLA just called an informed me that my white blood cell count is at 98,000 and they want me admitted to UCLA because I am in dangerous waters as she stated. I am awaiting a call back as to when this is all supposed to take place. She informed me that if I felt dizzy, loss of words, a TIA coming on, fever, chills, anything, to go directly to the ER and they would have me transported. She informed me that this may not be able to take place until Monday. My first question to her was, "So, can I go bull riding tomorrow night?" She said NO! Doctors are overly cautious people I think. I knew this was happening with me because I have been so tired of late, haven't been eating well and the pain is a bit more severe. Regardless, I am going to the barn dance tonight and enjoy what time I have. If they don't call me in tomorrow, I'll be at the bullpen tomorrow night. I am just not going to quit. I don't know how to quit. If I go in, I will have my lap top with me, along with my cell phone so I can keep in touch regardless the outcome.
The kind woman whose motor home I am renting has found a buyer and I may be out of here tomorrow. She has been gracious enough to let me use a spare room, but it is only temporary, so I am going to be looking once again for something I can live in, rent, whatever. It has been nice to have been here and can't thank my friend enough for the use of this motor home. My thirteen year old daughter was sitting here when I got the phone call and knew something was wrong because my eyes started to swell up but I held it together and I pray she will be fine. That is my main focus right now.
So, there you have it. If you're complaining about not having something or taking for granted something that you do have, give it some thought. LIfe is short. We are all on borrowed time, some of us are really stretching it, but we all must die and no one knows when. Live life, be strong, try to correct past errors, make amends, or in other words, clean out your barn. Don't complain! Be happy if you have good health, a roof over your head and food in your belly. Most importantly, whomever you believe in, personally it's God for me, get close, stay close, repent daily and try to be a better person tomorrow.
My heart is breaking and my tears are flowing but I will pull it together. Just need a few moments alone. Thank you all for everything, the kind words, the praises, the prayer and hopes. I have always believe in humanity and the people on this site are living proof. Love you all. Cowboy..






No comments:

Post a Comment